Support social impact at Haas
Haas Impact Investing Network
The Haas Impact Investing Network (HIIN) provides MBA students with first-hand experience in impact investing. HIIN is part of a national network bridging socially minded MBA students from top schools with capital to deal source investments. This program is run in partnership with Bridges Ventures, an impact investing firm led by Brian Trelstad, former Chief Investment Officer of the Acumen Fund.
MBA teams will go through the full impact investing process, including: research of potential companies, completing a due diligence process on a select number of startups, and putting forth an investment proposal. At the end of the year, Bridges will invest $50,000 in one startup.
- 15 Impact Investment Fellows will be selected through an application process.
- Fellows will be divided into three teams of five, each focused on one industry.
- Expected time commitment is 6-8 hours per week.
- There will be monthly training calls with Bridges Ventures.
- Additionally, HIIN will organize speakers, internal trainings and treks to meet with local impact investors.
Questions? Contact email@example.com
- HIIN is open to current FT and EW students at Berkeley-Haas.
- Both first year and second year students are encouraged to apply.
- No previous experience in impact investing or social enterprise is necessary, although a demonstrated interest in the field is encouraged.
- This program is designed to be a learning experience; as such students with any background are encouraged to apply.
- Early, seed stage startups. The company should be raising roughly a $250,000 to $750,000 “angel round” for which $50,000 would be a material portion.
- There is a bias torwards domestic companies, but it is not a requirement.
- The company can focus on a range of social issues including: health and wellness, education and skills, nutrition, financial inclusion, environment, clean tech, and affordable housing.
Email the team:
- Adair Morse, Assistant Professor, Haas Finance Group
- Bill Rindfuss, Executive Director, Strategic Programs, Haas Finance Group
- Jennifer Walske, Faculty Director, Master in Entrepreneurial Management at University of San Francisco
- Andrik Cardenas, Associate Director, Center for Nonprofit and Public Leadership, Berkeley-Haas
Co-Founder, Haas Impact Investing Network