Support social impact at Haas
Haas Impact Investing Network
The Haas Impact Investing Network (HIIN) provides MBA students with first-hand experience in impact investing. HIIN is part of a national network bringing together socially minded MBA students from top business engaged in the process of impact investing. This program is run by MBA Impact Investment Network and Training (MIINT) in partnership with Bridges Ventures, an impact investing firm led by Brian Trelstad, former Chief Investment Officer of the Acumen Fund.
MBA teams will go through the full impact investing process: conducting research on issue areas, sourcing potential social ventures, completing due diligence, and presenting an investment proposal on a company. At the end of the year, Bridges will invest $50,000 in one startup.
- Application period has closed.
- HIIN will select 10-15 Impact Investment Fellows through an application process.
- Fellows will be divided into teams, each focused on one impact theme.
- There will be monthly training calls with Bridges Ventures and other impact investors.
- HIIN will organize additional speakers, internal trainings and treks to meet with local impact investors.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- HIIN is open to current FT and EW students at Berkeley-Haas.
- Both first year and second year students are encouraged to apply.
- No previous experience in impact investing or social enterprise is necessary, although a basic understanding of investing is helpful.
- Early, seed stage startups.
- There is a bias torwards domestic companies, but they are not required.
- The company can focus on a range of social issues including: health and wellness, education and skills, nutrition, financial inclusion, environment, clean tech, and affordable housing.
Email the team:
Contact the managing fellows at email@example.com with any questions about the program.
- Adair Morse, Assistant Professor, Haas Finance Group
- Bill Rindfuss, Executive Director, Strategic Programs, Haas Finance Group
- Jennifer Walske, Faculty Director, Master in Entrepreneurial Management at University of San Francisco
- Andrik Cardenas, Associate Director, Center for Nonprofit and Public Leadership, Berkeley-Haas
Co-Founder, Haas Impact Investing Network
Along with co-founding and acting as the managing fellow for the Haas Impact Investing Network while earing her MBA at Haas, Maya also was the co-president of the Haas Culinary Club and Community Manager for the Global Social Venture Competition.